Monday, September 1, 2008

September 1 Already!!!

Wow, it's been awhile since I posted. Where did August go?

I've been working on doilies, the yard (a lot!), and normal household stuff. Amazing how much time goes into running a home. There's errands, yard work, inside work, cleaning, cooking, and taking care of a husband.

My husband is constantly losing things, mostly because he does not put things away in their proper places, so they get misplaced. Everywhere. I usually find things when I'm cleaning. His desk is a disaster and I don't touch it. I could put a picture up, but that would just embarrass him, so I better not. It wouldn't do any good anyway as far as getting him to straighten it up.

We are doing home improvements, and at long last hubby is making some progress on installing hardwood flooring in our bedroom. We had to move everything out, and so the dressers are in the hallway, the mattresses are leaning against the far wall in the bedroom (we'll move them to the opposite wall when the flooring gets over there). We have new bedroom furniture that's been in the garage. When the flooring is done in the bedroom, we'll set up our new bedroom furniture. It would be wonderful if he could finish it this week. I am so ready. We've been sleeping in the guest bedroom for 3 weeks. I'm anxious to get back into my own bed.

I've joined the Autumn Secret Pal Exchange at Crochetville, and I definitely need to finish up the doily I'm working on and make some things for my Secret Pal. She says she needs kitchen towels and dishcloths, so I will get to work on some for her, and am thinking on some slippers too.

Hopefully I won't take so long to post again.

No comments: