Thursday, August 23, 2007

Prairie Star Afghan


Good Morning!

I've been working on this Prairie Star Afghan and it is almost completed. I just have to finish the edging.

This has been in the works for a long time, and it is to be a wedding gift for Josh & Tabitha, who are going to be married in early October.

I used yarn from my stash, so it can officially be called a "stash buster" afghan.
The pattern is free here:
http://www.purplekittyyarns.com/free-patterns/Prairie-Star-LW1295.pdf

The diamonds were easy to make. I had no problem with diamond placement at the beginning of the pattern, since all the diamonds were placed in the same direction. I had trouble with placement when some of the diamonds had to be placed sideways and joined to the diamonds placed up & down.

Yes, there was some ripping, and even some *gasp* cutting, as I got carried away and placed too many around when I should have not placed so many on the sides. Those I had to cut off. *gasp* But since this afghan is a join-as-you-go (no sewing!), cutting off the extra diamonds was easier than ripping them out. Why you ask? Because I wove in the ends after completing each diamond. Sometimes I cannot find my own ends!

In retrospect, I should have paid closer attention to the diagram. But in my own defense, I'll say it was easy to get confused.

No comments: