Thursday, October 25, 2007

Borrowed Hook

The same friend who borrowed my iron also borrowed one of my crochet hooks. She needed it to finish the edging on an outfit she was making for Baby A.

She brought over the outfit to show me (at the same time she returned my iron, see the post below titled "Don't Loan Your Iron to Anybody"), so I know she is done using it.

So I emailed her and asked her about my hook and she said she had left it in the cup holder in her car and to come by and pick it up next time I was out.

I had to go out to the P.O. the next day, and I stopped by to pick up my crochet hook. She said it was still in her car and to go out and get it. I told her that her car wasn't outside. Oh, she said, my husband must've taken it somewhere. No idea when he'd be back and I didn't want to sit and wait for his return, so I went home.

Yesterday my hubby had to go out and I asked him if he would go over and get my hook out of the cupholder of her car. He was apprehensive about doing it, but I assured him that it was perfectly okay. When he came home, he said there was no crochet hook in the cupholder. *sigh*

So I sent her an email to please let me know when she finds it.

Sure, it would be easier to just go buy another hook, but I live in a small town and there is no store where I could purchase one. Which is why she borrowed mine.

No comments: